- A User Friendly Tuition Assistance Program.
- The website is a comprehensive, streamlined tool for managing and providing academic services, including submitting, approving, and processing tuition assistance and direct bill requests.
- The system will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with live customer support Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EST).
- Partnerships with more than 220 top-tier regionally accredited educational institutions to offer significant tuition savings.
- Advising Sessions: One-on-one sessions with educational and college finance advisors to help you evaluate schools and financial aid opportunities.
How the Program Works
The UH tuition assistance program provides financial assistance to help UH employees advance their knowledge and skills through post-secondary education leading to a two- or four-year degree that upon completion can commonly be utilized at University Hospitals after graduation.
Eligibility: To be eligible for tuition assistance, you must be employed as a regular full-time or part-time employee 16 or more hours and maintain an eligible status through date of reimbursement.
- Traditional Tuition Reimbursement Program: Under this arrangement, employees pay the school tuition up front and upon successful completion of their course(s) and submission of final grades and statement, are reimbursed in their UH pay.
- Direct Bill Program: UH has negotiated with several colleges/universities to direct bill UH for an employee’s tuition. Click here to review the list of Direct Pay colleges/universities.
- Certifications/Designations: Effective January 1, 2018, a select number of approved Certifications/Designations will also be eligible under the UH Tuition Reimbursement Program. Click here to view the list of approved schools and Certification/Designation programs that will be eligible.
Full-time UH employee
- Up to $5,000/calendar year/undergraduate degree
- Up to $ 7,500/calendar year/graduate degree
|Part-time UH employee
- Up to $2,500/calendar year/undergraduate degree
- Up to $3,750/calendar year/graduate degree
Approved courses must be taken for both academic credit and a letter grade and provided by an educational institution, college or university that is accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a complete listing of accredited educational institutions, go to The Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs. A letter grade of “C” or better or “Pass” in an undergraduate course, or “B” or better or “Pass” in a graduate course is required to receive reimbursement for the course.
To begin your application process please click on Tuition Assistance in the left hand menu.