Quick Links


On this page, you will find detailed information on how the Traditional Plan works.

New for 2018:

  • UH medical plans will offer enhanced preventive coverage for diabetic care.
  • The UH Quality Care Network will be the UH medical plan network. Remember, the UH medical plans only provide in-network coverage.
  • Ashland County will be added as the 10th county included in the UH Service Area.

The Traditional Plan is a PPO medical plan that offers you and your family comprehensive medical coverage.

Schedule of Benefits

See the Schedule of Benefits below for how the plan pays for preventive care and other services.

    Click here to find out where to direct medical or prescription plan questions.

    How the Plan Works

    Covered Services
    UH Quality Care Network
    Explanation

    Preventive Care

    You Pay 0%

    Eligible preventive care services covered at 100% (no deductible, copay, or coinsurance).

    For more information on preventive services, see the Schedule of Benefits.

    Office Visits

    You Pay Copays

    Copays are flat dollar amounts you pay for certain services. Copays are: PCP $25, Specialist $50, Urgent Care $40, ER $250 (waived if you are admitted into the hospital), UH Virtual Visit $25, Mental Health $25.

    Telemedicine (UH virtual Visit) You pay a copay - $25 UH Virtual Visit allows you to make a virtual appointment 24/7 with a doctor for nonemergency medical conditions. Click here to get started.

    Annual Deductible

    • $650 single
    • $1,300 family
    You will pay the  contracted discounted rate for inpatient and outpatient services up to your annual deductible. After you meet the deductible, you begin paying coninsurance.
    Coinsurance You Pay 15% Once the deductible is met you share the cost of service with UH – 15% employee responsibility – and UH will pay the other 85% of your claim.
    Out-of-Pocket Maximum (includes deductible and copayments)
    • $2,250 single
    • $4,500 family
    To ensure you do not have excessive cost, the out-of-pocket maximum is the most you will pay for most services. There are separate maximums for medical services and prescription drugs. Once the applicable out-of-pocket maximum is met, claims are paid at 100% by UH. See the Schedule of Benefits for more details.