Quick Links

 

On this page, you will find detailed information on how the Consumer Select Plan works. This type of coverage gives stronger incentives to make better health care decisions and also offers a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account to help pay eligible expenses.

New for 2018:

  • UH medical plans will offer enhanced preventive coverage for diabetic care.
  • The UH Quality Care Network will be the UH medical plan network. Remember, the UH medical plans only provide in-network coverage.
  • Ashland County will be added as the 10th county included in the UH Service Area.
  • UH Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions will be made on a semi-monthly basis beginning in January. UH will continue the annual contribution of up to $500 for employee only coverage and up to $1,000 if you enroll dependents.

The Consumer Select Plan combines comprehensive medical coverage with the ability to establish a Health Savings Account (HSA). An HSA is a tax-advantaged savings account designed to help you meet your plan deductible and save for health care expenses you may have now, and in the future, including during your retirement.

Click here to learn more about the HSA. Click here for some Frequently Asked Questions about the Consumer Select Plan with HSA.

Schedule of Benefits

See the Schedule of Benefits below for how the plan pays for preventive care and other services.

Click here to find out where to direct medical or prescription plan questions.

How the Plan Works
Covered Services
UH Quality Care Network
Explanation

Preventive Care

You Pay 0%

Eligible preventive care services covered at 100%
(no deductible, copay, or coinsurance).

For more information on preventive services, see the Schedule of Benefits.

Health Savings Account (HSA)

 

University Hospitals will contribute to your HSA based upon your enrollment date.  If you enroll for 2018 coverage during open enrollment and open your HSA account by December 15, 2017, UH will make semi-monthly contributions to your account. (Note: If you’re not enrolled for the entire year, UH’s contribution will be prorated based on the number of remaining pay periods in the calendar year).

You can use money in your HSA to pay your health care expenses – including the deductible and coinsurance. You can elect to contribute more through pre-tax payroll deductions. See how it works.

Annual Deductible

  • $1,550 single
  • $3,100 family

 

You will pay the contracted discount rate for medical and prescription expenses up to your annual deductible.  The full family deductible must be met before the plan begins to pay part of the cost of services (coinsurance) for any covered family members. Non-preventive medical services and prescriptions apply toward the deductible. The preventive drug list does not apply toward the annual deductible.
Telemedicine (UH Virtual Visit) $40 charge until the deductible is met UH Virtual Visit allows you to make a virtual appointment 24/7 with a doctor for nonemergency medical conditions. Click here to get started.
Coinsurance You Pay 10% Once the deductible is met, you share the cost of services with UH – 10% employee responsibility – and UH will pay the other 90% of your claim for eligible medical services (with copayments or coinsurance for prescriptions).
Out-of-Pocket Maximum (includes deductible and copayments or coinsurance for prescription drugs)
  • $2,550 single
  • $5,100 family
To ensure you do not have excessive cost, the out-of-pocket maximum is the most you will pay for most services. Covered prescription costs count toward the medical out-of-pocket maximum. Once the applicable out-of-pocket maximum is met, claims are paid at 100% by UH. See the Schedule of Benefits for more details.